[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sun Sep 8 05:57:29 PDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 09:14:31PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> But what else needs to be worked on?  What gaps do people feel we have
> that are cauing problems that we can solve with technological measures,
> not just legal ones?

Real physical security and a process to keep signing secrets
secure in community based Linux and *BSD distributions.

Review of anything crypto based. Completely different process
for anything crypto based than for everything else. No more
undetected regression meltdowns a la Debian.

This is sure a pain in the ass, but now we know we need it.