[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sat Sep 7 22:27:27 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 05:09:32PM +1200, Mark van Walraven wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 09:14:31PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > But what else needs to be worked on?  What gaps do people feel we have
> > that are cauing problems that we can solve with technological measures,
> > not just legal ones?
>
> How can I trust my hardware and the firmware therein?

Shortest answer
	You can't.

Short answer:
	You never could.

Longer answer:
	To think that you ever could do this is to not realize the
	complexities in modern devices.  Heck, you still couldn't do
	this in devices made 25 years ago that were connected to
	networks.  Actually, it goes much farther back than just 25
	years if you remember how networks worked way back when.

Only real solution, don't use an electronic device.

sorry,

greg k-h