[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Sep 7 18:59:48 PDT 2013

begin Marc MERLIN quotation of Sat, Sep 07, 2013 at 06:26:48PM -0700:

> We also have mostly binary invariant builds, and yes that was work, we had
> to patch stuff for sure.
> However, that process didn't tell us if the upstream binaries were the same
> because we modified most of our source to be leaner and compiled differently
> than upstream.

Can you build on localhost and have it come out
identical to what comes down from the build farm?
Not that I don't have total confidence in the keepers
of the build farm (either .org ones, or at work)
but stuff happens.

--
Don Marti                      +1-510-332-1587 (mobile)
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/        Alameda, California, USA
dmarti at zgp.org