[linux-elitists] Surveillance

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Sep 7 07:27:12 PDT 2013

I'm for privacy and against surveillance in general.

But considering recent news, just once I wish I had
a remote keylogger installed on Richard Stallman's
keyboard, just to see what he's coming up with about
all this.

Charlie Stoss says, "v gbyq lbh fb".
  http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/index.html

Bruce Schneier recommends GPG and other Free security
software, and adds, "I understand that most of this
is impossible for the typical internet user. Even
I don't use all these tools for most everything I
am working on. And I'm still primarily on Windows,
unfortunately. Linux would be safer."
  http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/nsa-how-to-remain-secure-surveillance

Is it really true that all those proprietary OS users
who have IGNORED BENJAMIN FRANKLIN and traded away
their freedom have been proven pathetically wrong?

Or are mainstream Linux releases already so
compromised that it's the Gentoo nerds who should be
busting out in the mocking elitist dance, at least
until the other distributions get deterministic
builds going?

--
Don Marti                      +1-510-332-1587 (mobile)
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/        Alameda, California, USA
dmarti at zgp.org