[linux-elitists] [tor-dev] Browser fingerprinting

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 14 03:40:49 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded message from Georg Koppen <g.koppen at jondos.de> -----

Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:06:50 +0000
From: Georg Koppen <g.koppen at jondos.de>
To: tor-dev at lists.torproject.org
Subject: Re: [tor-dev] [linux-elitists] Browser fingerprinting

>> Check out firegloves. It's outdated, and I'd love to see it getting
>> some love, but it's a great POC for anti-fingerprinting in Firefox.

Firegloves is broken last time I checked. All the hooks are not applied
if you are sending your payload via FTP as the extension is doing the
hooking via an HTTP observer which is not triggered if you are loading
ftp resources. The Firegloves authors are aware of this issue AFAICT but
I never heard (and looking at the code recently I did not found it
either) they implemented a fix for that.

Georg

----- End forwarded message -----