[linux-elitists] "Commerce" does not mean "collecting rent from protected monopolies"

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Wed Oct 9 05:35:22 PDT 2013

Matt Palmer:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 03:47:25PM -0700, Tony Godshall wrote:
> > Fine, he's not hostile to commerce, he just uses terminology that
> > scares corporations.
>
> Well, given that a significant number of corporations have been
> convicted of acts which are hostile to commerce, I'd say that wraps it
> up nicely.

Indeed.  The large corporations talk about the free market the way
aristocratic families talk about war: it's how their power was once
amassed, long ago, and thank fate we don't have to go through that again
just to live in the manner we are accustomed!

--
Though the great song return no more
There's keen delight in what we have: