[linux-elitists] Browser fingerprinting

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Oct 7 23:05:55 PDT 2013

> > I'm not sure even tor can help you.  It is just time to get off the
> > grid.
>
> Depends on what your threat model is and what your
> goals are.

I don't think so.  Individuals should be stalked for any purpose.

> One of my goals is to assist the budget-making,
> ssh-tunneling, good-example-setting side of my brain,
> by keeping advertising that's targeted at me from
> reaching the covetous, slothful, short-term-thinking
> side of my brain.
>
> If I hadn't been blocking targeted ads
> before, I would have started right after reading this:
> http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/10/is-this-the-grossest-advertising-strategy-of-all-time/280242/
> .  Whatever the male equivalent is, I don't think I
> want to know.

Can't trust the Atlantic.  Their reporting and fact checking is
terrible.  I don't care if they advertise on Monday beauty products
because on Monday women feel vernibable.  What I care about is that they
track my daughter on her trip to school.