[linux-elitists] Browser fingerprinting

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sun Oct 6 15:12:16 PDT 2013

begin Raistlin Majere quotation of Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 03:54:33PM -0400:

> I was rather surprised that it also indicated that mine was unique ..
> I simply run Firefox 24 on Linux, with no scripts and cookies turned
> off .. I would have thought that to be relatively common among
> security conscience Linux folks.

32-bit or 64-bit Linux?  The user agent string in
Firefox for Linux is a monstrosity that only a build
and release nerd could love.

  https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Gecko_user_agent_string_reference#Linux

(Besides, you're probably the one Linux user who
_doesn't_ tweak out your browser, so you're as
recognizable as a sheep to the shepherd, just like
the rest of us.)

--
Don Marti                      +1-510-332-1587 (mobile)
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/        Alameda, California, USA
dmarti at zgp.org