[linux-elitists] open linklogging, anyone?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Mar 27 07:56:56 PDT 2013

begin Tony Finch quotation of Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 01:17:56PM +0000:
> Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Anyone else doing a linklog feed on your own site?
>
> http://dotat.at/:/

Thank you -- good one.

Marco Arment writes, about high-volume feeds,
"It’s not enough to interleave their posts
into a “river” or “stream” paradigm,
where only the most recent N items are shown
in one big, combined, reverse-chronological
list (much like a Twitter timeline), because
many of them would get buried in the noise of
higher-volume feeds and people’s tweets."  --
http://www.marco.org/2013/03/26/power-of-rss

Personally, I think that a scored river design has
potential.  So my thing can be polling >5000 feeds
and still show this Matthew Garrett piece fairly
close to the top:

  http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/23817.html

because that one got linked to from LWN and other
places.

--
Don Marti                      +1-510-332-1587 (mobile)
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/        Alameda, California, USA
dmarti at zgp.org