[linux-elitists] open linklogging, anyone?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Mar 25 21:01:04 PDT 2013

begin Teh Entar-Nick quotation of Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 01:48:04PM +0000:
> Don Marti:
> > begin Teh Entar-Nick quotation of Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:03:48AM +0000:
> > > I'm not sure what that really means, formally, but
> > I saw it on Wikipedia, so it must be a thing:
> >
> >   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linklog
>
> Weird.  This is the original definition of "weblog", you realize.  Jorn
> Barger was just logging all the interesting Web pages he'd gone to, with
> a short comment.

Today, different people's definitions are all over
the place...

  It's like a press release, except we can use links
  and curse words!

  It's like an column, except you sign over your
  copyright, we don't copy-edit it, and we pay you
  less!

  It's my diary except that...well, um, it's exactly
  like my diary!

--
Don Marti                      +1-510-332-1587 (mobile)
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/        Alameda, California, USA
dmarti at zgp.org