[linux-elitists] open linklogging, anyone?

Andy Bennett andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
Mon Mar 25 02:51:59 PDT 2013

Hi,

> Anyone else doing a linklog feed on your own site?
> I have this:

I use Newspipe to fetch my RSS feeds and then inject them into my
mailbox via SMTP. I then sort them into a folder and read them via IMAP
so that I get my SEEN state on all clients.

http://newspipe.sourceforge.net/

It can either fetch the whole article or just the RSS summaries: that's
configurable per feed or group of feeds.

It's pretty good and for the few years I've been using it has been
maintenance free other than poking new feeds into the config file every
now and then.

It occasionally suffers from that weirdo Wordpress bug where the
Wordpress admin edits one of their articles and it causes all articles
currently in that feed to become unread again, but I've never used a
feedreader that didn't suffer from that. It seems to be a Wordpress
thing but I've never taken the pains to track it down.

Regards,
@ndy

andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
http://www.ashurst.eu.org/