[linux-elitists] A gnus enquiry. Any free news server that offers more groups and more articles in the groups for gnus?...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 28 14:01:50 PDT 2013

Quoting Karsten M. Self (karsten at linuxmafia.com):

> I'm going to seriously consider blacklisting all those who reply to
> him (DNFTT).

Useful recipe for those so moved:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Mail/filter.txt

This is a clever procmail recipe by Tobia Conforto that hides the mails
of someone whose posts you prefer not to see, plus likewise for any
first-level replies.

(The advice to which Karsten alludes is my personal view that it's
almost always a bad idea to mention publicly your plonking actions,
for reasons of both decorum and sometimes of tactical advantage).