[linux-elitists] PengPod engineers for a new project

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 8 14:48:38 PDT 2013

Quoting Jim Thompson (jim at netgate.com):

> > I'm guessing Jim still hasn't figured out reply-sender vs.
> > reply-all?
>
> no, the reply-all was intentional.

I didn't receive your antecedent post, only Nick's boggled reference to
it.

> As for OpenSolaris:  how's that working out for ya?

I have no connection to either Joyent or to Textdrive, except that I
know the founder of Textdrive well.

> Seems to me that Textdrive was driven to migrate off BSD for reasons
> unrelated to hardware support.

That is absolutely not what Jason Hoffman, the founder says.  But maybe
beer makes him hallucinate.

> As for your "around the time they were embargoed by Joyent"....

I note that you have nothing contrary to what I said, but want to argue
anyway.  You do that often, I've noticed.  I'm inclined to minimise my
time investment, as with trolls generally.

> I do find it odd that the linux-on-thedesktop crowd is still tilting
> at windmills.

Mine works great.  Sorry to hear about $SOMEONE_ELSE problem.