[linux-elitists] PengPod engineers for a new project

Tilghman Lesher zgp-org at the-tilghman.com
Thu Aug 8 07:36:00 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 4:27 AM, David Edmondson <dme at dme.org> wrote:
> Linux will win completely and be everywhere, but we will have none of
> the freedoms that it was intended to allow.

That Linux will "win completely" is actually a bad thing, historically
speaking.  In any market where a single product has "won", stagnation
was the result.  It's the fight for dominance which keeps us moving
forward, and thus, I hope for a future where there are always at least
3 options, continually fighting for dominance, sometimes one pulling
forward, but with no one product achieving the dominance for which it
fights.  It's a process, not a destination.

-Tilghman