[linux-elitists] PengPod engineers for a new project

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Thu Aug 8 03:09:07 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 10:27:22AM +0100, David Edmondson wrote:

> Linux will win completely and be everywhere, but we will have none of
> the freedoms that it was intended to allow.

WTF?  What "freedoms" was Linux intended to "allow"?  And who,
specifically, "intended" them?

Linux will "win completely", and by doing so we have done something that
no one else has ever done, in a way of doing it that has never been done
before, and in a way that only a very few could have guessed would be
possible[1].

greg k-h

[1] I have met those few who did guess this, but were they just lucky?