[linux-elitists] PengPod engineers for a new project

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 7 11:43:50 PDT 2013

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at teh.entar.net):

> Jim Thompson:
> > On Aug 7, 2013, at 5:34 AM, Teh Entar-Nick <nick at teh.entar.net> wrote:
> > >    Google is our Symbolics.
> >
> > 'was', not 'is'.
> >
> > The path of the righteous man leads toward FreeBSD.
>
> Wow, that's some fabulous deck-chair rearrangement you've got there.
>
> How's the merging of Darwin features back into FreeBSD these days, bro?

I'm guessing Jim still hasn't figured out reply-sender vs. reply-all?

I do worry about the future of our FreeBSD brethren in that their breadth
of hardware support has never been great and has gotten worse in the
last decade.  Hardware deployments even on server platforms have turned
problematic, e.g., Textdrive was driven to migrate off FreeBSD (in that
case to to OpenSolaris) around the time they were emborged by Joyent.

--
Cheers,                 Snowden is accused of giving information to "the enemy".
Rick Moen               He gave information to the American people.  Well, now