[linux-elitists] Besides help what other command lines to the prompt might get any other available commands?...

Eric De Mund ead-linux-elitists at ixian.com
Fri Aug 2 18:03:10 PDT 2013

Don,

Rick Moen:
] 2. I would recommend a good tutorial on Linux and the Bash shell. Mark
]    Sobell's _A Practical Guide to Linux_ is a popular starting point.

_The Linux Command Line_ by William Shotts is also quite reasonable,
at 537 pages for $0.00:

    The Linux Command Line
    http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php

    free PDF
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxcommand/files/TLCL/13.07/TLCL-13.07.pdf/download

The non-computer-science folks I've pointed to this book seemed pretty
happy with it.

Regards,
Eric
--
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my tele-

Eric De Mund      |  Yahoo: ead0002              |     tel: 650.303.4336
ead at ixian.com     |  GTalk: ead.ixian at gmail.com  |     fax: 801.906.7709