[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org (for submitting a kernel patch and getting help with git on the Better-SCM site)

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Mar 30 08:16:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 07:33:52AM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:36:45PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in a previous thread on this list:
>
> Dear I still don't know who your name is, and I don't take people who Email
> with silly aliases seriously.

Dammit Marc, you just blew it!  That was going to be the next hurdle we
threw up in getting those patches accepted into the kernel tree as the
kernel developers are not allowed to accept contributions from people
not using their legal name.

Oh, and for those that don't realize it, almost 2 thousand developers
figured out how to contribute to the kernel last year, it's not a hard
thing to do.  So anyone who does complain about it, obviously is doing
something wrong on their end...

greg k-h