[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Fri Mar 30 06:08:30 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 12:36 +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in a previous thread on this list:
>
> http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2011-July/013328.html

The problem here lies; while you are endeavoring to make headway to do
things for people... you seem to have a way of causing people great
distress or annoyance in reading your posts/responses/requests.

There a number of people, I am aware of, that "twit filter" based on
your e-mail address, the regex '-i shlomi' in the message headers and/or
message body and some also use regexes of some hot buttons you seem to
have. Many of these people will never see your e-mail(s) and never have
to act on them as they go directly to /dev/null.

That said, I believe you've got a Sisyphean task ahead of you, given
your history with, around, and in many venues. You've got a reputation
the precedes you. And from your evidence already quoted and shown, its
apparent.

I think my current "quote for the day" happens to be apropos. Its for
March 30th, 2012 from Brainy Quotes.

I wish you well and good luck on your endeavors.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C

"It takes a lot of things to prove you are smart, but only one thing to
prove you are ignorant."
    -- Don Herold