[linux-elitists] Ledger: org mode for double-entry bookkeeping

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Sun Dec 9 11:45:11 PST 2012

Don Marti:
> begin Teh Entar-Nick quotation of Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 01:54:01PM +0000:
> > I'm curious what other tasks we can give the org-mode treatment like
> > this!  I've seen time tracking systems that do this not as well.  I've
> > seen calendar tools that didn't work so well either.  How could we do
> > for other tasks what Ledger does so well for single-user accounting?

> (I have experimented with a simple calendar/todo tool that stores
> entries in RFC822 mail messages with X headers for the calendar
> metadata.  Works offline using offlineimap.  Adding a web interface to
> make it shareable for a small group of users would essentially be an
> extended version of the "send email from a web form" script, plus a
> script to rebuild a user's web calendar from procmail and after an
> offlineimap run.)

The use of offlineimap to deal with rfc2822 data is a good idea!

http://www.taskjuggler.org/ seems like a pretty good project management
tool, if you need that sort of thing.  I don't much, myself, but this
little rundown is pretty nice:

http://sysadvent.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/day-8-scheduling-projects-with.html

--
"N'aimez pas votre voiture?
Alor, l'heure est arrive pour la brulé!"