[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org (for submitting a kernel patch and getting help with git on the Better-SCM site)

Here At InfoChambers here at infochambers.com
Thu Apr 5 22:39:04 PDT 2012

On 04/02/2012 22:49, Rick Moen wrote:

> [1] Fascinating Wikipedia article:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_name
> ObSoftware:  Even more fascinating Web rant about programmer
> cluelessness concerning names:
> http://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-names/

    I'm doing a bit of email catchup . . .

    Over time I've had no problem causing headaches for HR and company
email systems by having a last name of MacIan . . . Emm Aye Cee Capital
Eye Aye Enn.  No, that's not MACE-ee-an, it's mack-EE-an.  No, I'm not
the senior US senator from Arizona.  Yes, while I tinker about with
computers, no, my last name is not mack-Lan either.  That letter in the
middle is Not a lower case ell, where if you are seeing and then
transcribing an ell, then you clearly have one of those inferior fonts
that does not include serifs.

    And then of course, when discussing names, one Must got to
http://notwithoutmyhandbag.com/blog/category/badbabynames/ . . . .

"I didn’t have this much trouble naming my first three kids either~~they
are: Michelle Kaye, Kathleen Cierra, and Abbey Julieanna. What do you
think of Kaylyn Arriana? Also, do you like the spelling Kaylan or Kaylyn
better?

Observe the evolution from sanity to madness. First the middle names are
spelled funny, then are odd names spelled funny, then creeping into
strangely spelled but normal first names, then all hell breaks loose."

						Sol