[linux-elitists] Little Miss Moffitt

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Apr 3 10:30:49 PDT 2012

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at teh.entar.net):

> Just do a Web search for "Rick Moen" and "second grade" to find him
> shutting down scores of talentless hecklers who'd encountered his name
> for the first time.

Sorry, but who what?

Performing suggested search finds my assisting someone named Ashleigh
with a XFree86 problem and carelessly alluding to something 'he' wrote,
Ashleigh replying that she's a she, and my cheerily apologising for my
error.  (I try to be far more consistent about saying 'he or she', these
days.)

Second hit was my deciding to not waste time on a FidoNet flamer who
started out a reply post with 'Ricky, what you have engaged in is a
childish game' and went rapidly downhill from there.  For purposes of
that interaction, my name could have been John Smith and I'd have
dismissed the gentleman for the same reason, which was that he had
nothing to say.

Your point will doubtless be fascinating once you arrive at it.