[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org (for submitting a kernel patch and getting help with git on the Better-SCM site)

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue Apr 3 08:49:44 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 02:27:16AM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 08:57:36PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > Ok, in that case I do owe Shlomi an apology for my default
> > assumption that the name was fake.
>
> And all along I thought you were a smart guy. Now it comes out

Depends who you ask.

> you're just another dumbass who thinks he knows everything. ("I've

I'm afraid you're as mistaken as I was on that one (well, on the 'thinks
he knows everything' part). I suppose that makes you no better than me.

> never seen that before; it must be fake!") Ha! And no you don't get
> any brownie points for being so "up front" about it.

I'm not playing for points. I said out loud what some others didn't, and
others just solved by kill filling Shlomi without saying anything.

But eh, I managed to embarras myself, so feel free to poke a stick at
me, that's the price of my having made a incorrect default assumption.

Some other day, I can also tell you about that guy who I had to Email
and was called Fernanda, who I assumed was female after even going
through the trouble of checking with a Spanish friend that Fernanda was
indeed a female name.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/