[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org (for submitting a kernel patch and getting help with git on the Better-SCM site)

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon Apr 2 20:57:36 PDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 06:48:28AM +0300, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> Rick, if I may congratulate you for a truly elitist reply.
>
> Marc, I have known Shlomi for over ten years in the real world through the
> local Israeli Linux community. That is, unfortunate as it may be, his
> perfectly normal real name.

Ok, in that case I do owe Shlomi an apology for my default assumption
that the name was fake.

My recommendation for that possibility stands then. Sorry to be blunt,
but the name does sound fake and childish to people not knowledgeable
with Jewish culture and knowledge other many factoids that Rick beats
many of us on.

I really would help to put a small signature "this is my real name,
please see http://.. ".

Usually I give people the benefit of the doubt, but the name looked too
take to me, so sorry for that part.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/