[linux-elitists] Update on Getting Shlomi Fish's Emails Unbanned from vger.kernel.org (for submitting a kernel patch and getting help with git on the Better-SCM site)

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon Apr 2 12:06:55 PDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 05:57:38PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> banned as well. I'd prefer a more permanent solution that won't involve
> acting immorally/unethically/anti-netiquetically or require any more unnecessary
> effort on the parties involved.

I'm going to go on a limb, and assume that your parents aren't called
Fish, and that they didn't call you Shlomi.

If somehow, they did, you'll be much better off stating in your
signature that it is your legal name.

If they did not, then you can stop ignoring hints that using a your real
name, not talking about yourself as the 3rd person, you're not Julius
Cesar or a king last I checked, will earn you more attention and
respect.

Oh, also, tone down on the "oh look at what happened to me, this is so
unfair, can I get you to be outraged for me?"

To me, and apparently others, you sound like a clown, and therefore get
the matching amount of respect and attention.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/