[linux-elitists] Lenovo sales rep to nude laptop buyer: "No problem"

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Oct 25 18:54:44 PDT 2011

>From the "look what the RSS aggremangler dragged in"
department...

  "I explained to the person on the other end that
  I wanted this particular laptop but that I did not
  wish to have *any* software, including an operating
  system, installed on the system.  I didn’t want
  to pay the Windows tax and knew that whatever they
  put on the computer wouldn’t last five minutes
  after the laptop was removed from the box.  To my
  surprise I wasn’t questioned or given a hard time
  about my choice.  I was simply told that that was
  “no problem”.  Once the agent had my hardware
  in his system and all my information he completed
  my order, emailed me all my necessary paperwork,
  and I ended up saving around $250."

  https://sparkslinux.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/review-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-w520/

That's a lot of bread considering that the high end
for the estimated MSFT license price for a laptop is
$100--or am I doing my math wrong?

Anyway, interesting sighting.

--
Don Marti