[linux-elitists] Request for Comments: How to Deal with Internet?Trolls - the Cognitive Therapy approach

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Mon Mar 7 10:17:06 PST 2011

Rick Moen:
> And you still have not a clue even what argumentum ad hominem is.  You
> yourself I deem pretty much ineducable, but pro bono publico here's
> something better than muddled Wikipedia pages:
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=crybaby#adhominem

That's an excellent summary that helps weave in a lot of other context.

I have also been partial to:

	http://plover.net/~bonds/adhominem.html

Marketing it as its own class of fallacy is helpful for educating people
who appear to respect the mechanisms of formal rhetoric and wish to use
them, but are not entirely clear on the details.

--
A: No.
Q: Should I put my reply above quoted text?