[linux-elitists] Request for Comments: How to Deal with Internet?Trolls - the Cognitive Therapy approach

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 7 02:30:40 PST 2011

Quoting Shlomi Fish (shlomif at iglu.org.il):

> For example, in the latest sub-thread about tmux's licensing, where someone
> said that the "GPL has won" and I posted a longish message about why that may
> not be the case, someone else replied that: "Nick knows a great deal more
> about licensing than you do.". While not being flammatory, it was still an ad-
> hominem attack, and I responded like that (although in a split forward):

That was a non-response, but then, you didn't have anything remotely
interesting to say about software licensing in the first place.  At some
point, you might want to consider that this mailing list is populated
largely by people, including Nick Moffitt, who decades ago worked out,
and did to death, pretty much all of the various matters with which you
seem to be grappling in a painfully ineffective and wide-eyed fashion,
which might be why you are (again) being largely ignored.

Also at your leisure, you might want to look up what argumentum ad
homimem actually means.

--
Rick Moen                        "A shprakh iz a dialekt mit an armey un flot."
rick at linuxmafia.com                                -- Max Weinreich, linguist