[linux-elitists] Request for Comments: How to Deal with Internet Trolls - the Cognitive Therapy approach

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Mar 5 07:53:06 PST 2011

begin Shlomi Fish quotation of Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 12:39:32PM +0200:

> > Anyway, if you want to present an alternative to
> > "do not feed the troll" you might want to mention
> > that the most effective troll non-feeding system
> > includes filtration.
>
> What do you mean by that?

  http://xkcd.com/386/

If you never saw the troll in the first place, you're
never annoyed and/or tempted to reply.  (Sometimes
when reading other Linux fora, I see long, correct
answers to troll questions and can't help thinking,
"dude, your killfile is too short.")

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/