[linux-elitists] RFC: Some Requests from the kernel.org Admins

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Jul 22 04:47:23 PDT 2011

Hi Ben,

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:05:09 +1000
Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:
>
> > Sure, send me the URL of your git tutorial, which must use a different
> > subset of the 143 git commands from any other git tutorial, and you're
> > in. (I use git and like it, but of course it gives you the ability to
> > build either sane workflows and crack-smoking workflows, your choice.)
>
> So, I prefer Bazaar because it does the right thing without being told
> most of the time, and has a sane interface to implement non-default
> workflows. I guess that makes me neither sane nor crack-smoking :-)

My main problem with Bazaar
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar_%28software%29 ) is that every time I
tried to use it, it was incredibly slow, as I've written here:

http://shlomif-tech.livejournal.com/41922.html

Someone told me that "You're doing it wrong", but I don't see how: I've set up
a brand new Debian Stable/Testing VirtualBox VM, installed Bazaar on it, and it
is slow there too. On the other hand, git, Mercurial and Subversion are faster
everywhere I tried.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: Linux kernel 3.0 final was published today:

http://www.h-online.com/open/features/What-s-new-in-Linux-3-0-1279552.html