[linux-elitists] RFC: Some Requests from the kernel.org Admins

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Thu Jul 14 05:41:33 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 12:17 -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> begin Greg Folkert quotation of Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 02:33:08PM -0400:
> > On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:00 -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> > > Do you need an Internet Git Fanboy License?
> > > I'm empowered to issue them, if you do.
> >
> > Oh... OH... OH... can I get one, also?
>
> Sure, send me the URL of your git tutorial, which must
> use a different subset of the 143 git commands from
> any other git tutorial, and you're in.  (I use git
> and like it, but of course it gives you the ability
> to build either sane workflows and crack-smoking
> workflows, your choice.)

Oh, damn. I thought I could just ask for it and someone would do it for
me and assign it to one of the Kernel Developers to take care of for me.
Or perhaps a not very busy journalist/other like SJVN or Byfield or even
Petreley.

So, Don, you are telling me I HAVE to do some work? Meh. Oh well.
TANSTAAFL after all, I guess.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to
start over."
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald