[linux-elitists] RFC: Some Requests from the kernel.org Admins

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Wed Jul 13 14:03:58 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:00:59 -0700
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:

> begin Shlomi Fish quotation of Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 06:58:22PM +0300:
>
> > Well, my intention in the letter was to show that I'd like to prevent
> > damage to the Linux kernel and to git, even if my @kernel.org E-mail ban is
> > not lifted. If someone (anyone) can take care of the patch, or maintain the
> > information about git in http://better-scm.berlios.de/ (which technically
> > is not a wiki), that would be better than the status quo.
>
> You can't just join that SCM site and post about
> git there?  It looks like they want a maintainer for
> their git page, and there are plenty of online git
> resources that you can link to and/or borrow from.

The so-called "Better-SCM" site was started by me, and the way I maintain its
comparison ( http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/ ) is that a person who is
an expert in one or more version control systems volunteers to add an initial
patch to the comparison that adds a new system, and also to be a contact for
that version control system when new criteria are added in order to fill the
details. As I have about 30 VCSes there, I am not going to do all the research
on my own for all of them (most of them I have never used or am an expert of)
but rather make sure the maintainers each maintain their own part of the
comparison.

Git would not be an exception to that, so I'm seeking for someone who is an
authority on git, who can act as the maintainer for it on
better-scm.berlios.de , and I am unable to reach anyone because the main git
mailing lists are hosted on the kernel.org domain from which I am banned.

> Do you need an Internet Git Fanboy License?
> I'm empowered to issue them, if you do.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish