[linux-elitists] RFC: Some Requests from the kernel.org Admins

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Jul 13 13:40:24 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 05:32:24PM +0300, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written this open letter and placed it in the temporary location of
> http://www.shlomifish.org/lkml-letter-f6y9/ , and intend to publish it as an
> http://www.advogato.org/ editorial. However, I decided to send it here first in
> case there is a way to resolve the issues at hand here first.
>
> Any comments will be welcome.

Just to let you know, your requests will be ignored, as Jon stated.

> 1. **Assign a developer to adopt my kernel-xconfig search enhancement patch** -

That is not how Linux kernel development works.  Our development process
is _very_ well documented.  If you don't follow it, don't expect to get
your patches accepted, it's that simple.  You aren't special here.

> 2. **Assign a git contributor to champion git on the "Better SCM Site"** -

That has nothing to do with kernel.org.  Actually none of these do, but
this one really doesn't.

> 3. In addition to the first two item, or instead, please unban my E-mail
> addresses (shlomif at iglu.org.il , shlomif at shlomifish.org and shlomif at gmail.com )
> from sending E-mail to the git and Linux kernel mailing lists hosted on
> vger.kernel.org. If that happens, then I can fulfill both roles myself to some
> extent, or find someone to delegate the responsibility to from the wider
> community, and thus benefit the Linux kernel and git.

Talk to the vger.kernel.org postmasters about this, it is between you
and them, and has nothing to do with the kernel.org group.

> 4. Please **change the incoming E-mail rejection messages** from reading "Your
> address is not [a] liked source for E-mail" to something that explains: 1. why
> it is not liked and 2. what one can do about it.

Again, contact the well documented postmaster address for this.

greg k-h