[linux-elitists] RFC: Some Requests from the kernel.org Admins

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Wed Jul 13 08:21:39 PDT 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:32:24 +0300
Shlomi Fish <shlomif at shlomifish.org> wrote:

> I've written this open letter and placed it in the temporary location of
> http://www.shlomifish.org/lkml-letter-f6y9/ , and intend to publish it as an
> http://www.advogato.org/ editorial. However, I decided to send it here first in
> case there is a way to resolve the issues at hand here first.
>
> Any comments will be welcome.

You're asking the kernel.org folks to do things that they just don't do.
They don't champion specific kernel patches (or "assign developers" to
anything), they don't maintain external wiki pages.  I doubt you'll find
much joy that way.

It seems to me that you need to have a discussion with David Miller about
being allowed back onto the mailing lists.  I do not speak for him in any
way, but he is not an unreasonable person.  It has been a while; you may
well be able to come to an understanding.  Somehow, though, I doubt you'll
get there with a public editorial.

jon