[linux-elitists] Great recent Unix software

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun Feb 13 21:39:38 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 04:05:09PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> writes:
>
> > Other things I can't live without that were not around in the
> > mid-1990's:
> [???]
> > 	- ack
>
> $ aptitude show ack

You want ack-grep on Debian.  Personally, I've never seen the point of it.
People rave about it, but don't provide any "gee wow" examples.

> What have I missed?

Nothing much.

- Matt

--
MySQL seems to be the Windows of the database world. Broken, underspecced,
and mainly only popular due to inertia and people who don't really know what