[linux-elitists] memex on a stick?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 23 11:39:29 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 07:13:13PM +0100, David Edmondson wrote:
> Zotero looks very cool. Unfortunately it seems to persist my data in a
> cloud service somewhere out of my control

That's an optional feature; I've never used it.  I am a bit concerned
that with this new client that the developers might be trying to push
us in that direction.  For the Firefox extension, however, all of your
data is kept in a directory under your $HOME.  And, aside from having
to close Firefox, there aren't any hoops to jump through to backup or
restore it.

Details are available at http://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data

Claude