[linux-elitists] memex on a stick?

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Sep 23 10:59:44 PDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 09:38:16AM +0100, David Edmondson wrote:
> Persisting copies of web-pages is not something that I've tried, though
> it feels useful and would presumable be done through the attachment
> mechanism.

For persistent copies of webpages, I've found nothing to be simpler
than Zotero, previously mentioned.  My main beef with Zotero is that
they reimplement the text area to permit HTML formatting with the
result that I can no longer call out to Emacs for my text editor.

FWIW, the Zotero developers just announced yesterday that they're
developing a standalone cross-platform client.  There's no mention of
licensing, however, which has me a bit concerned.
http://www.zotero.org/blog/zoteros-next-big-step/

Claude