[linux-elitists] memex on a stick?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 23 00:31:33 PDT 2010

Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:

> I know I can run sshd and git on a 200MHz ARM, and I know that
> updating a remote git repo (for the kind of repositories I have) is
> faster than rsync or unison.

Thanks. That was not among the rationales imagined by me nor guessed in
this thread previously, so I'm glad I asked.

> Is there another DVCS that (1) runs on a fanless, <5W system and (2)
> handles a large "push" faster than rsyncing the whole repo?

I have no data on that. I would imagine that having access to such a
system would allow a fairly swift measurement to demonstrate one way or
another.

--
 \     “I have an answering machine in my car. It says, ‘I'm home now. |
  `\  But leave a message and I'll call when I'm out.’” —Steven Wright |