[linux-elitists] memex on a stick?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Sep 21 07:55:41 PDT 2010

begin Ben Finney quotation of Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 08:34:34PM +1000:

> Rather than guess what Don's rationale might be, I wanted to ask him. I
> asked here because I thought it worth clarifying the answer in the same
> forum.

I know I can run sshd and git on a 200MHz ARM, and I
know that updating a remote git repo (for the kind of
repositories I have) is faster than rsync or unison.

Is there another DVCS that (1) runs on a fanless,
<5W system and (2) handles a large "push" faster than
rsyncing the whole repo?

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/