[linux-elitists] memex on a stick?

Teh Entar-Nick nick at teh.entar.net
Mon Sep 20 01:31:24 PDT 2010

Ben Finney:
> Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:
> > Git looks very promising as the "plumbing" of a memex
> Why Git in particular? What prevents any of the big three DVCSen

Wow, that's the first time I've seen anyone use the "-en" plural form on
a word that didn't end in 'x'.

> (Git, Bazaar, Mercurial) from doing the job in your opinion?

They're all roughly equivalent now.  Git has the benefit of popularity,
at the expense of user interface (no dammit just let me commit the diff
you're showing me without a page-long lecture about some stupid
inventory!).  I'd expect that nearly anything you hear anyone promote
about one of those three applies to all of them, these days.

--
	01234567 <- The amazing* Indent-O-Meter!
        ^