[linux-elitists] RFC 5965 spam report requirements? (Fwd: abuse at yahoo.com: RE: Spam (98.139.91.62, 93.43.47.160) [jessieradison at rocketmail.com: ] (KMM120317895V33282L0KM)])

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Dec 10 02:46:52 PST 2010

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> Now I find that I'm being directed to a web-based reporting tool unless
> I can generate a MIME format based on a five-month old RFC, RFC 5965.

ARF is good. Took a long time to be published, so it has been in
widespread use for a lot longer than the age of the RFC suggests.
http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/abuse-report/

Yaho are unusual in using it for ad-hoc abuse reports. Its biggest use is
in pre-arranged abuse feedback loops from large recipient sites to senders.

Tony.
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,
DECREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN HUMBER AND THAMES. MODERATE OR
ROUGH. RAIN THEN FAIR. GOOD.