[linux-elitists] RFC 5965 spam report requirements? (Fwd: abuse at yahoo.com: RE: Spam (98.139.91.62, 93.43.47.160) [jessieradison at rocketmail.com: ] (KMM120317895V33282L0KM)])

Karsten M. Self karsten at linuxmafia.com
Thu Dec 9 16:25:49 PST 2010

Yahoo have been a pain point for spam reporting for quite some time.

Until recently, the biggest issue was that they would (repeatedly) fail
to recognize mail demonstrably transiting their system as theirs.

Oh, and forget forwarding original mails as attachments.

Now I find that I'm being directed to a web-based reporting tool unless
I can generate a MIME format based on a five-month old RFC, RFC 5965.

I think this probably qualifies for rfc-ignorant inclusion.  Hrm.  Need
to do that...  Oh, why bother, they've been listed since 2005:
http://rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=yahoo.com&submitted=1123294881&table=abuse

Otherwise, any elitists out there familiar with a tool which will
readily generate (an preferably address and deliver) RFC 5965 spam
reports based on an input RFC 2822 format mail message?

There are a couple of Perl modules out there.  I'm very non-perl-fu.

I've already replied to Yahoo's CTO (Raymie Stata) suggesting that
mandating a 5-month-old RFC is a little over the top.

Peace.

----- Forwarded message from Yahoo! Mail <abuse at yahoo.com> -----