[linux-elitists] nmcli and NetworkManager configuration

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Aug 29 07:48:43 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 01:30:45PM +1000, Jason White wrote:
> The main use cases at the moment are, for example, switching between
> multiple network profiles with different IPv4/IPv6 configurations;
> setting up wireless (including WPA2) networking quickly on a laptop,
> etc. I could write shell scripts, of course, but I'd rather work with
> daemons and tools designed for the purpose than to reinvent what others
> are devoting significant development effort to create.

While we're at it, if someone knows how to tell nm-applet that my home
wireless password does not change, and a wireless failure is not a valid
reason to make me re-enter my wireless password?
(online help deals with not having the keyring password unlock, but I solved
that a long time ago).

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/