[linux-elitists] Antipackages and surveys

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 24 16:22:58 PDT 2009

Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> writes:

> Quite a while ago, some of us discussed the idea of "antipackages" --
> deb packages with _just conflicts_, no actual software.
>
> Here's an initial batch:
>
>   http://gitorious.org/antipackages
>   git clone git://gitorious.org/antipackages/antipackages.git
>
> So far there are: no-java, no-mono, no-python, and no-wesnoth.

I brought this message up to reply and ask for ‘no-mono’, before
re-reading and seeing it in the list. Thanks for anticipating this need.

> Yes, I know, they should be a proper apt-gettable package repository.

Do you need any help with that?

--
 \         “In economics, hope and faith coexist with great scientific |
  `\      pretension and also a deep desire for respectability.” —John |