[linux-elitists] email elitims

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 21 03:11:04 PDT 2009

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> writes:

> Emacs still doesn't do multithreading though, right?

Real elitists demand programs that subdivide their work with plain
processes and narrowly-specified IPC. Processes are well-understood, and
cheap on operating systems that matter. Threads are an evil hack for
OSes that don't implement processes well.

--
 \     “First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing, for verbing |
  `\    weirds language. Then, they arrival for the nouns and I speech |