[linux-elitists] fixing a corrupted mbox

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) shot at hot.pl
Mon Oct 26 10:34:59 PDT 2009

Marc MERLIN:

> I have a few maildirs in the 50,000 - 100,000 range and it's a bit
> borderline (you have to turn on header caching and be careful what
> headers you scan for coloring), but it works much more reliably than
> mbox.

I just checked and the Maildir with my backup (80,000 messages, 665 MiB)
loads in Mutt without any caching in about 30 seconds on a ThinkPad X301
with an SSD drive. A second attempt to access that Maildir takes about
7-8 seconds.

— Shot
--
The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.
                                                   [B. F. Skinner]