[linux-elitists] fixing a corrupted mbox

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Oct 26 09:30:15 PDT 2009

It's one of these days, my mutt's mbox is corrupted, again.
It might be the size (2152964606 Bytes) though I thought that
has been fixed a long time ago. The symptoms look like

>From technik-diskussion-bounces+eugen=leitl.org at lists.piratenpartei.de  Mon Oct 26 15:28:22 2009

>From technik-diskussion-bounces+eugen=leitl.org at lists.piratenpartei.de  Mon Oct 26 15:28:31 2009
        (using TLSv1 with cipher DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))
        (Client CN "rackham-b.piratenpartei.de", Issuer "CAcert Class 3 Root" (not ver

I doubt I'm the only one with this problem. How do you fix this,
and how do you prevent this from reoccurring? I presume maildir is
a solution, though presumably on a 2 GByte mailbox it may more to
be a problem.

So are you doing IMAP on a maildir (which filesystem?) to synchronize
to multiple locations? Do you do something else, like store your
email in a PostgreSQL back end?