[linux-elitists] Ten years later...

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed May 27 09:09:07 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:02:33PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
> Well, we just passed the 10th anniversary of the first
> LinuxWorld (hey, kids!  Original 1999 mail piece!
>
>   http://planet.opensourceworld.com/1999/

For those who like nostalgia, you might enjoy my old report of the show:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/

Johathan, already giving talks (sorry for the bad picture):
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day1/Tutorials/NetAdmin.html

Remember Corel and winelib?
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day2/Keynotes/Corel.html

Oracle is still doing well though:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day2/Keynotes/Oracle.html

Linux booths, 10 years ago:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day2/Showfloor.html

XFree 4.0 had come out (remember Xfree 3.1/3.2/3.3 or even Xfree 2.1?):
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day3/Conferences/Xfree_4.0.html

Rusty tell us how we should switch to ipchains :)
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day3/Conferences/PacketFiltering.html

The reiserfs vs ext2+journalling extensions:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/Day4/Conferences/Reiserfs.html

Random picts:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/lwce_winter99/People.html

10 years, it went by fast...