[linux-elitists] Ten years later...

Jonathan Corbet corbet at lwn.net
Tue May 26 20:20:41 PDT 2009

On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:02:33 -0700
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:

> I found myself putting this product back on
> the shelf:
>
>   http://www.123copydvd.com/products/gold/
>
>   "123 Copy DVD Gold is our flagship product. It
>   can do anything you can think of when it comes to
>   copying, converting or transferring all of your
>   favorite DVDs and video files to any device or
>   media you wish."

Interesting.  I was sure that this was the company that filed a
preemptive lawsuit against the DVDCCA so that it could sell its DVD
copier in peace.  But, no, that was 321 Studios.  Silly me, I don't
know how I could get that confused.

	http://w2.eff.org/IP/DMCA/MGM_v_321Studios/

I don't really know how that came out...

jon