[linux-elitists] Ten years later...

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue May 26 20:49:31 PDT 2009

begin Jonathan Corbet quotation of Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:20:41PM -0600:
> On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:02:33 -0700
> Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org> wrote:
>
> > I found myself putting this product back on
> > the shelf:
> >
> >   http://www.123copydvd.com/products/gold/
> >
> >   "123 Copy DVD Gold is our flagship product. It
> >   can do anything you can think of when it comes to
> >   copying, converting or transferring all of your
> >   favorite DVDs and video files to any device or
> >   media you wish."
>
> Interesting.  I was sure that this was the company that filed a
> preemptive lawsuit against the DVDCCA so that it could sell its DVD
> copier in peace.  But, no, that was 321 Studios.  Silly me, I don't
> know how I could get that confused.
>
> 	http://w2.eff.org/IP/DMCA/MGM_v_321Studios/
>
> I don't really know how that came out...

That was the DVD X Copy people.  They had a product
out from December 2002 through February 2004, when
they had to stop selling it because of an injunction.

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 11-13, 2009 in San Francisco